Thursday, July 23, 2009

Last Day...




Wow, I cannot believe that this is our last day in Nepal! We got back from Pokhara yesterday afternoon, and everything went rather smoothly...i.e., no traffic accidents, strikes, or bandhs! Today we'll just be packing and preparing to go back to the USA. We'll definitely miss the people here, especially all the Pradhans...and Peter of course! Today we got a surprise because Joshu Pradhan didn't have to go to school because some of the transportation systems are holding a strike today, and so we'll get to hang out with him a little more before we leave! Our time here has been wonderful, and I couldn't ask for better people to spend time with. They really have been a blessing for us, and I'm thankful to God for allowing our paths to cross. We said goodbye to our friend Saran last night. He'll be spending the next few months taking groups of clients trekking all over the Himalayas. If any of you feel adventurous and want to climb some snow covered mountains, he's the man for the job!
Well, our flight leaves tonight at 10:30pm here, which is about 12:45pm on the East coast. We're going to Hong Kong. We leave Hong Kong at around 9am there. Then the long haul, 15 hours to NYC! AFter that we'll be back in Raleigh by about 5pm on Saturday...which will be sunday morning here, so it's kinda like travelling back in time!
Well, thanks for keeping up with my blog yall! I'll hopefully post a "post-trip" blog once I'm back. Thanks for the prayers and support! Next time you hear from me, I'll be in the same country!
matthew ;^)

1 comment: